Human rights association
Mission of the Association UMDPL is to ensure human rights observance by law enforcement bodies via development of acting public control.
- Create efficient system of public control over law enforcement bodies.
- Impact work of law enforcement bodies and facilitate higher openness and transparency of their work.
- Increase level of legal knowledge among the civil society and readiness to protect its rights.
- Contribute to motivation of law enforcement officers.
Achievement of the goals:
- Monitoring: monitoring campaigns, monitoring of the media information massages, requests to state power bodies – “field work”.
- Expert work (Think tank): provision of recommendations on necessary systemic changes for improvement of law enforcement bodies’ work and human rights observance; initiation and lobbing of legislative initiatives.
- Advocacy work: development of a public resonance for introduction of significant changes into the law and implementation practices.
- Development and realization of public participation in control over human rights in law enforcement;
- Development of monitors network specially trained by the Association and participating in monitoring campaigns, collecting information in the field;
- Popularization of human rights knowledge among employees of state bodies and different population groups (youth, schoolchildren);
- Reformation of law enforcement bodies;
- Analysis of Ukrainian law in the field of human rights protection. Preparation of analytical and information materials regarding human rights observance;
- Study of international experience: work of law enforcement bodies in European countries and search for ways to implement separate institutions for positive changes of Ukrainian realities;
- Systemic monitoring of media resources, which provide information on human rights in law enforcement; expert commentaries;
- Publication of printed and media materials helping to cooperate with law enforcement in the legal field (textbooks, brochures).
More information about well-known products and projects in the section “Major achievements”.